LED Lighting in Parks: How Does It Help Keep Parks And Gardens Safe?
The administrators of public areas in large cities must take actions that benefit the safety of their inhabitants, especially at night, when crimes increase.
Due to their foliage and lack of vehicular traffic, parks and gardens can be unsafe places if their Lighting is poor, not only due to the incidence of assaults but also due to accidents to visitors and cyclists due to poor visibility.
Why use LED lighting in parks?
LED Lighting is ideal for all park areas such as bike paths, parking lots, green spaces, playgrounds, sports fields and sidewalks due to its light and efficient energy consumption.
Power abnormalities can be detected early and repairs made to prevent service failures.
The ignition is immediate.
LED Lighting can reach full brightness instantly, unlike other luminaires such as metal halide luminaires, which take several minutes to heat up and get total flux, leaving public areas exposed to poor Lighting.
Energy-saving and longer life
In addition to the efficiency of LED Lighting, it produces reduced energy consumption, which translates into a lower economic cost for cities or owners of parks and private gardens. They are resistant to extreme temperatures, vibration, and vandalism and have a long lifespan and can stay on for more hours without heating up.
LED luminaires in parks provide a high light flow, covering every space between poles with little spillage and reflection to the sky. The light they project is homogeneous and the most similar to natural light, favouring more extended spaces and excellent safety.
In public and crowded places such as parks, which do not have any other lighting source, correct Lighting is essential to provide security and visibility to walkers and athletes.
- Why do LED Spotlights Burn?
- What is the electricity consumption of LED Christmas lights?
- What are LED lighting towers, and What are their Applications?
- Using Natural Light in LED Lighting Designs
- Use of LED Lights in Domestic Houses
- Three Ways to Apply LED Light in Buildings
- Savings in Air Conditioning with LED Lighting
- Replacement of Halogen Spotlights by LED
- Recommendations when Buying LED Lights for Cars
- LED Lighting Connected to the Internet: A Promising Technology