We have adopted the Australian Privacy Principles (APPs) contained in the Privacy Act 1988 (Cth) (the Privacy Act).
Evitech Pty Ltd is committed to providing quality services to you and this policy outlines our ongoing obligations to you in respect of how we manage your Personal Information.
We have adopted the Australian Privacy Principles (APPs) contained in the Privacy Act 1988 (Cth) (the Privacy Act). The NPPs govern the way in which we collect, use, disclose, store, secure and dispose of your Personal Information.
A copy of the Australian Privacy Principles may be obtained from the website of The Office of the Australian Information Commissioner at www.aoic.gov.au
What is Personal Information and why do we collect it?
Personal Information is information or an opinion that identifies an individual. Examples of Personal Information we collect include names, addresses, email addresses, phone and facsimile numbers.
This Personal Information is obtained in many ways including interviews, correspondence, by telephone and facsimile, by email, via our website www.evitech.com.au, from your website, from media and publications, from other publicly available sources, and from third parties. We do not guarantee website links or policy of authorised third parties.
We collect your Personal Information for the primary purpose of providing our services to you, providing information to our clients and marketing. We may also use your Personal Information for secondary purposes closely related to the primary purpose, in circumstances where you would reasonably expect such use or disclosure. You may unsubscribe from our mailing/marketing lists at any time by contacting us in writing.
When we collect Personal Information we will, where appropriate and where possible, explain to you why we are collecting the information and how we plan to use it.
Sensitive information is defined in the Privacy Act to include information or opinion about such things as an individual’s racial or ethnic origin, political opinions, membership of a political association, religious or philosophical beliefs, membership of a trade union or other professional body, criminal record or health information.
Sensitive information will be used by us only:
- For the primary purpose for which it was obtained
- For a secondary purpose that is directly related to the primary purpose
- With your consent; or where required or authorised by law.
Where reasonable and practicable to do so, we will collect your Personal Information only from you. However, in some circumstances we may be provided with information by third parties. In such a case we will take reasonable steps to ensure that you are made aware of the information provided to us by the third party.
Disclosure of Personal Information
Your Personal Information may be disclosed in a number of circumstances including the following:
- Third parties where you consent to the use or disclosure; and
- Where required or authorised by law.
Security of Personal Information
Your Personal Information is stored in a manner that reasonably protects it from misuse and loss and from unauthorized access, modification or disclosure.
When your Personal Information is no longer needed for the purpose for which it was obtained, we will take reasonable steps to destroy or permanently de-identify your Personal Information. However, most of the Personal Information is or will be stored in client files which will be kept by us for a minimum of 7 years.
Access to your Personal Information
You may access the Personal Information we hold about you and to update and/or correct it, subject to certain exceptions. If you wish to access your Personal Information, please contact us in writing.
Evitech Pty Ltd will not charge any fee for your access request, but may charge an administrative fee for providing a copy of your Personal Information.
In order to protect your Personal Information, we may require identification from you before releasing the requested information.
Maintaining the Quality of your Personal Information
It is an important to us that your Personal Information is up to date. We will take reasonable steps to make sure that your Personal Information is accurate, complete and up-to-date. If you find that the information we have is not up to date or is inaccurate, please advise us as soon as practicable so we can update our records and ensure we can continue to provide quality services to you.
This Policy may change from time to time and is available on our website.
Terms & Conditions- Think Green Think Evitech
- This Think Green Think Evitech competition (Competition) is promoted by Evitech Pty Ltd (ABN 65 634 937 652) (Evitech, we, us or our).
- To the extent of any inconsistency between these Terms and any other reference to this Competition, these Terms prevail.
- Subject to clause 1.1(e), the Competition:
- begins at 4pm Australian Eastern Standard Time (AEST) on 16 May 2022; and
- ends at 11.59pm Australian Daylight Time AEDT on 11 December 2022
- The Competition is conditional on Evitech generating 100,000 Victorian Energy Efficiency Certificates (VEECs), under the Victorian Government’s Victorian Energy Upgrade Program (VEU Program), through providing commercial lighting upgrades to eligible businesses during the Promotion Period (Emission Reduction Goal). For the avoidance of doubt, the draw and this Competition will not take place if Evitech is not able to generate at least 100,000 VEECs during the Promotion Period.
- Evitech is an accredited provider under the VEU Program. The number of VEECs generated by Evitech is based on the greenhouse gas savings associated with providing commercial lighting upgrades to businesses. For more information, please visit the Victorian Energy Upgrades program website.
- The Competition is open to Victorian businesses who are eligible to participate in the VEU Program.
- Employees and contractors (and their Immediate Families) of Evitech Pty Ltd, our Related Bodies Corporate and the agencies associated with this Competition are ineligible to participate in this Competition.
3. How to enter
- This Competition is a game of chance. Skill plays no part.
- To enter this Competition, you must, during the Promotion Period engage Evitech to provide commercial lighting upgrades for your business under the VEU Program, which enables Evitech to generate at least 45 VEECs.
- Entry is limited to 1 per eligible business and only during the Promotion Period.
- We will not accept entries after the end of the Promotion Period.
- This Competition is in no way sponsored, endorsed or administered by, or associated with the Victorian Government, Essential Services Commission (ESC) or Tesla.
- The time of each entry will be the time and date of completion of your commercial lighting upgrade.
- We may, at any time:
- verify the validity of entries and entrants (including type of business, location of business or electricity usage); and
- disqualify any entrant whose entry is not in accordance with these Terms or who otherwise tampers or interferes with the entry process or the VEU Program.
- Ineligible entries will be invalid at our discretion.
If the Emission Reduction Goal is met:
- there will be 1 winner.
- we will conduct the draw at:
- our office at Unit 11, 22-30 Wallace Avenue, Point Cook, Victoria 3030; and
- between 2pm and 4pm AEST on 15 December 2022.
- we may draw additional valid reserve entries and record them in case:
- an invalid entry or ineligible entrant is drawn; and
- we elect to draw on the reserve entries.
- The outcome of the draw will be:
- notified to the winner by phone and email, using the contact details provided at the time of entry (Winner’s Email); and
- announced on this webpage with reference to the legal entity of the winner’s business name and first initial and surname of the business’s contact person,
at 4pm AEST on 15 December 2022.
- It is your responsibility to notify us in writing if your contact details change.
- If you are the winner, the legal entity of your business name and first initial and surname of your business’s contact person may be published on our website and social media pages, and in any other promotional material that we consider relevant. By entering the Competition, you consent to us publishing those details.
- Our draw is final.
- We are not responsible for which individual employed by the winner will receive the prize however, it must only be received and redeemed by a person 18 years or more.
- The total prize pool for the Competition is AUD$67,681 (inclusive of any GST).
- If the Emission Reduction Goal is met, the winner will receive a 2022 Tesla Model 3.
- The prize value is based on the recommended retail price in Australia on 16 May 2022. We accept no responsibility for any change in prize value on the date the prize is redeemed.
- We accept no responsibility for any change in prize value on the date the prize is redeemed.
- The vehicle colour and the delivery date are at the discretion of the supplier or manufacturer and will be based on availability.
7. Prize conditions
- To claim the prize, the winner must respond to the Winner’s Email (which email will notify you that you have won) with your full legal name, ACN (if winner is a company), phone number, address, and any other details that we reasonably request.
- The prize must be claimed as offered by the winner within 28 days of the winner being notified, subject to the production and verification of valid identification.
- Subject to clause 7(b), once a winner is identified and has claimed the prize pursuant to these Terms, the ownership of the prize will be transferred to the winner (subject to the availability of the vehicle).
- The winner must collect the prize from a designated Tesla showroom in Victoria, Australia, as instructed by Evitech.
- Due to disruptions related to COVID-19, delays may be experienced in the delivery of the prize.
- The prize is not transferable, saleable or redeemable as cash, credit or equivalent.
- You should seek independent advice, including financial advice, as implications (such as tax) may arise as a result of winning or redeeming the prize.
- You must comply with all terms and conditions of use of the prize.
- If the winner does not claim their prize within the prescribed time and in accordance with these Terms, we may conduct a redraw:
- using the same method of draw specified in clause 4(b);
- at our office at of Unit 11, 22-30 Wallace Avenue, Point Cook, Victoria 3030; and
- between 2pm and 4pm AEST on 12 January 2023.
- The winner of a redraw will be:
- notified to the winner by phone and email, using the contact details provided at the time of entry; and
- announced on this webpage,
at 4pm AEST on 12 January 2022.
- We own all entries.
- You are responsible for your entry.
- We are not liable in any way for your entry, to the fullest extent permitted by law.
- You warrant and agree that:
- you will not submit any entry that is unlawful or fraudulent, or that we could reasonably consider to be in breach of any laws or third party rights;
- your entry will not cause injury or harm to any person or entity; and
- you will comply with all applicable laws and regulations, including those governing privacy and the access or use of others' computer or communication systems.
10. Personal Information
- Entries may be entered into a database.
- By entering this Competition, you consent to us:
- publishing your Personal Information, or disclosing your Personal Information as required by relevant laws;
- using your Personal Information to communicate with you about this Competition, including contacting you if you are a winner; and
- disclosing your Personal Information to our agents or third party service providers for the purpose of communicating with you about this Competition.
- If you wish to access, or for us to update, correct or delete, your Personal Information or information in your entry, contact us using the details below.
- Nothing in these Terms excludes, restricts or modifies any rights or remedies under Schedule 2 of the Competition and Consumer Act 2010 (Cth) that cannot be excluded, restricted or modified.
- Subject to clause 11(a) and to the fullest extent permitted by law, we and our Related Bodies Corporate (and each of their officers, directors, employees, contractors and agents):
- are not responsible for any error, omission, interruption, delay in operation or transmission, communications line failure or any other event beyond our control. In these circumstances, if we elect to cancel or postpone the Competition, we do so without liability and may reschedule it on the same terms;
- make no express or implied warranties, representations or guarantees, in fact or in law, regarding this Competition or the merchantability, quality or fitness for purpose of any part of the prize; and
- exclude all liability (including for negligence) for any personal injury or loss or damage (including for loss of opportunity, business, goodwill or profits), whether direct, indirect, special or consequential, arising in any way out of the Competition, including where arising out of:
- any technical difficulties or equipment malfunction (whether or not under our control);
- any theft, unauthorised access or third party interference;
- any entry that fails to be transmitted or is cancelled, rejected, delayed, interrupted or late (whether or not after our receipt or otherwise);
- any variation in prize value or specification;
- any tax liability or similar charge incurred by the winner or its nominated guests; or
- use of the prize by the winner.
- We are not responsible for any problem or technical malfunction of any telephone network or lines, computer systems, servers, providers or equipment, software, traffic congestion on the internet or any website, or any combination of those, including any injury or damage to entrants or any other person’s computer related to or resulting from participating in this Competition.
- You are solely responsible for:
- any costs associated with entering the Competition, noting these costs depend on the internet service provider you use; and
- any costs incurred by the winner in order to redeem or use the prize, including all optional extras and accessories, insurance and fuel, registration and stamp duty.
- Without limiting any other terms, you indemnify us and our Related Bodies Corporate (and their officers, directors, employees, contractors and agents) from and against your breach of these Terms.
12. Disruption to Competition
- If, for any reason, this Competition is affected or interfered with in any way, or is not capable of being conducted as planned, due to an Insolvency Event, or a Force Majeure Event, including where such circumstance corrupts or affects the administration, security, fairness or integrity or proper conduct of this Competition, we may, to the fullest extent permitted by law:
- disqualify any entrant who tampers or interferes with the entry process; or
- subject to required regulatory approval, cancel, terminate, modify, reschedule or suspend any part of the prize or Competition, as appropriate.
- Any entrant found to be tampering or interfering with the entry process will have all entries invalidated and any claim to a prize will be invalidated. We will determine whether a breach has occurred at our discretion and may request any documentation we consider necessary to assist with our assessment. You must immediately provide any requested documentation at your cost.
- Any failure to enforce our rights does not constitute a waiver of those rights.
- Any part of these Terms that is illegal, void or unenforceable may be severed, and the remainder will continue in force.
- This Competition and any issues relating to the construction, validity, interpretation and enforceability of these Terms will be governed by the laws of Victoria, Australia.
- The promoter of this Competition is Evitech Pty Ltd (ABN 65 634 937 652) of Unit 11, 22-30 Wallace Avenue, Point Cook, Victoria 3030.
- If you have any questions regarding these Terms or any issues regarding how this Competition is conducted, you may visit https://www.evitech.com.au/contact-us/. We will determine how any issues or disputes will be resolved.
Force Majeure Event means an event or circumstance beyond our reasonable control, including natural disaster, acts of war, riots, vandalism, failure or shortage of power supplies or other essential utility, pandemic, epidemic, quarantine or other widespread or serious threat to human health (including an outbreak or recurrence), strike, a change in applicable law or platform rules, government imposed shutdown or closure, infection by computer virus, bugs, tampering, unauthorised intervention, fraud or technical failures, down time or issues, discontinuation or amendments relating to the VEU Program.
Immediate Families means any of the following (whether natural, step or adopted): spouse, ex-spouse, de-facto spouse, child, parent, grandparent, uncle, aunt, niece, nephew or sibling.
Insolvency Event means a liquidation or winding up of, the appointment of a controller, administrator, receiver, manager or similar to, a party or any substantial part of its assets, or any event that has a substantially similar effect.
Personal Information has the meaning in the Privacy Act 1988 (Cth).
Related Bodies Corporate has the meaning in the Corporations Act 2001 (Cth).
Evitech Pty Ltd
Unit 11/22-30 Wallace Avenue, Point Cook VIC 3030
1300 137 974